1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advancing Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Research to Transform Healthcare | Dr. Alain Moreau, PhD

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Sly Saint, Nov 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Dr. Alain Moreau discusses how myalgic encephalomyelitis research can transform healthcare and presents the challenges and opportunities ahead. Presented at the 9th Accredited ILC Conference: A Lifetime of Learning on Saturday, November 5th, 2022. Our mission at The ILC Foundation is to help individuals overcome the challenges of living with Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes and other chronic pain diseases through knowledge, sharing resources, awareness, education, peer support, and research to find cures. Learn more at theilcfoundation.org

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcA98m57FmE

Helene, ahimsa, Hoopoe and 7 others like this.
  2. Ravn

Ravn Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Have just fried what was left of my brain listening to this. Complicamarated and too much for me to take in. I just recall there was something about microRNAs and about subgrouping and I wrote down this thing he seems to think might be important in ME: SMPDL3B (sphingomyelin phosphodiesterase acid like 3B) - but have forgotten why or how.

I'm not being very helpful here, am I :rolleyes:

Anyway, he presented some unpublished data and mentioned a paper currently being reviewed (or several? I got confused). So hopefully there'll be something to get our teeth into soon.

Helene, BrightCandle, bobbler and 8 others like this.
  3. belbyr

belbyr Established Member (Voting Rights)

Just watched this and thought it was very eye opening! Between this and genetic risk factors presentation from PrecisionLife, could we have our finger on some of the genes causing this complex of illness (CFS/FM/POTS) ?