1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

A song for ME: Blowin' in the wind

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects and Campaigns' started by Robert 1973, Apr 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That is really lovely, really good. Thanks to everyone involved. :thumbup:

2. Graham

Graham Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm impressed, Robert! Duly posted on my Facebook account. (I see you borrowed some of the Sunflower singers!)

3. andypants

andypants Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Liv aka Mrs Sowester

Liv aka Mrs Sowester Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hi @Robert 1973 it turned out so lovely, well done you! The text and images are perfect.
    Kaeley's harmony is beautiful and compliments the song so well.
    And well done choir, recording and uploading is hard cognitive work (I cheated and got my choir leader to record me, I couldn't have managed it otherwise).

Hats off to everyone, Robert especially, the hard work really has paid off, it's a beautiful, haunting song.

5. Jan

Jan Senior Member (Voting Rights)

6. Hell..hath..no..fury...

Hell..hath..no..fury... Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think i’ve listened to it 6 times now :oops:

7. Allele

Allele Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Oh thank you, Robert, this is so beautiful and moving. Totally amazing.

What a great tool for awareness, and also a perfect piece for the history files once we've come out of the tar pits of the last 30+ years.

Plus, I got to sing with Liv! Yay!

8. Liv aka Mrs Sowester

I've no idea what we're singing yet @Jan, but the fliers/posters are being finalised right now! (Planning feels all very last minute to me, but I forget how much healthy people can achieve in comparison to us spoonies!)

9. Jan

Who are the healthies doing all the work Liv? I feel pretty useless not doing anything.

10. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you @Robert 1973 and all the singers. It worked beautifully. A few tears as I "sat with " it today, joining in actually. Really takes you into where the losses of this illness hurt.
    Good Luck to @dave30th in pulling down every last shred of the BPS nonsense.

11. Liv aka Mrs Sowester

Please don't feel bad Jan, the choir leader is used to putting on concerts so there isn't much for us to do. Although the poster has just been finalised so we can start sharing and promoting.
    I don't want to hijack this thread so I'll message you :)

12. Jan

The song is incredible @Robert 1973 , you have done such an amazing job combining all the voices, it really is amazing and sounds like it was recorded with all the choir together. Hats off to you and a big hug from me. Well done! :hug: :trophy@:emoji_champagne_glass:

Eta Well done to everyone involved, you all sound amazing :trophy@:emoji_champagne_glass:

13. Robert 1973

Robert 1973 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I've now uploaded the video directly to Facebook. If you are on Facebook, and especially if you're an admin for a Facebook page, please share it:

Thanks.