1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

$75,000 Fundraising Match: Honoring the leadership of Carol Head

Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by Emily Taylor, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Special giving opportunity: Honoring the leadership of outgoing Solve M.E. President & CEO Carol Head
    Two generous donors have joined forces to match your gift, dollar-for-dollar, to inspire $75,000 in giving by June 30!

https://solvecfs.org/june-30-challenge/

[​IMG]

Solve M.E. President and CEO Carol Head will be stepping down from her CEO role on May 31, due to decline in her health caused by M.E. Throughout her tenure, she has expanded our organization financially, built our team, used her voice to educate the public, and fought for research funding and government representation.

“I ask you to join me and the entire SMCI Board in sharing our deepest appreciation for the outstanding work that Carol has done to advance the cause of the ME/CFS community as CEO over these past five plus years.

She possesses a unique understanding of our community and the complexity of struggles faced by people with ME/CFS. Those insights have proven to be incredibly valuable to SMCI and to those we serve. For your past AND future contributions, as you continue to serve on our board of directors, Carol, thank you so much.” -- John Nicols, Solve M.E. Board Chair

One of Carol’s many contributions to the M.E. community was the moving speech she made at the 13th Invest in M.E. Research International M.E. Conference in London in 2018. At this exclusive, international forum, she spoke candidly from her perspective as both a person with the disease and as an M.E. leader with years of knowledge about what goes on “behind the scenes” at the political, scientific and medical frontlines of this battle.

Below is a short clip from that inspiring speech delivered to M.E. researchers, advocates and government officials from 20 countries. In it, Carol rightly refers to M.E. as a worldwide civil rights issue and explores what the future may hold for those whose lives are impacted by the disease.

[​IMG]

Please consider making an additional one-time gift by June 30 in honor of Carol Head’s leadership. In addition to qualifying for the $75,000 challenge, your gift will allow us to continue the efforts made by Carol and all of us at Solve M.E. to help build better lives for people with ME/CFS.

https://solvecfs.org/june-30-challenge/