1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is evidence re: long-COVID; incl. specifically on the management of patients who have PVFS due to COVID-19? (website of the Irish health service)

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Dolphin, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I came across this from the website of the HSE, the equivalent of the NHS in the Republic of Ireland:

https://hselibrary.ie/what-is-the-l...-on-the-management-of-patients-who-have-post/

It looks like it has some biopsychosocial info in it, but I wasn't sure whether it should go in that thread or not.

2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's.... meh. But the good kind of meh, where it's mostly "we don't know much but here's what people are saying", some of it of possible usefulness, most of it a confused mess. Which is mostly where we are.

It clearly misunderstands ME as fatigue, though. But this is what the scientific literature mostly obsesses over so this meh is sadly a reflection of just how meh medicine has a handle on the issue so far. That's the best grade medicine can muster so far, a resounding, flat meh.

And since I'm on a roll with this: meh.