1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

What could be the mechanism behind virus latency?

Discussion in 'Infections: Lyme, Candida, EBV ...' started by AllenJB, Nov 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. AllenJB

AllenJB Established Member (Voting Rights)

You can't feel cells dying off. You can only feel nerves with intact connections to the brain. Apoptosis releases histamine and a cytokine response that causes pain in the nerves in that area. You can detect histamine response as rhinitis. Completed nerve death is perceived as numbness. I guess it's because there are a lot of cells dying off at once which is greater than the usual slow process. When this really gets going I have to use naproxen sodium to counter the cytokines, benadryl for the histamine and gabapentin for nerve pain (add acetaminophen when particularly bad).

How do I know? The process sure acts like apoptosis. It can be inhibited by strong antioxidants or stopping the pro-apoptosis supplements. It leaves scar tissue behind. It improves Raynaud's disease temperature changes and reverses post-ME cold skin areas. Etc.

To measure apoptosis:

"In apoptosis assays, DNA fragmentation and sub-G1 phase populations were increased, and the mitochondrial membrane potential decreased significantly after treatments." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26327534

So it looks like one needs to look at the cells microscopically. I would biopsy musculoskeletal cells in asyptomatic tender, weak muscles. Fascia, muscle and tendons. Test pretreatment reactiveness then re-biopsy post treatment and look for changes.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019