1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Westminster Health Forum

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Simbindi, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Simbindi

Simbindi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I just wanted to bring to the attention of UK members that there are opportunities to obtain complimentary (free) tickets to the regular Westminster Health Forum conference days. These usually take place 9 am - 1 pm in London, but occasionally they are delivered in other cities.

An example of a forthcoming conference that may be of interest to some members is:

https://www.westminsterforumprojects.co.uk/conference/regulation-of-devices-19

You can use this link as a basis to explore forthcoming and previous Health Forum events/reports and the other Westminster Forums.

As a patient/member of the public, it is also possible to order complimentary reports of the meetings (whether you have attended or not).

I attended a couple of these on Integrated Personal Commissioning and Social Prescribing in the past, and they were interesting and informative (I was previously a lay member on my CCGs IPC working group).

There is usually an opportunity to ask questions and also to add written comments (if you have attended) that form part of the formal reports, which are then used to inform parliamentary debates and working groups etc.

Edit: From memory, I think attendees have something like a week to electronically submit additional written comments after the conference. There is a word limit and I assume there are standards of common decency etc., but the speeches and comments are transcribed fully (unedited). This means that all attendees have the opportunity to have their comments put into a report that will be used to inform parliamentary affairs.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    andypants, MEMarge, Andy and 5 others like this.