1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

We bought a house!:)

Discussion in 'Home adaptations, mobility and personal care' started by andypants, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Congratulations! It does sound wonderful to have a garden.

Could you make the move over several, not necessarily consecutive, days? Load up the stuff you don't often use or can get by without and move them first.

2. andypants

andypants Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thank you, Bluestem!:)

We could. But I don’t think we have enough stuff to make it necessary:) I have slowly started to sort through stuff, a little each day, and I will start packing everything we definitely won’t need the next two months this weekend (like winter coats and my collection of empty notebooks!)

I have set up all the necessary appointments (technical inspection, photographer) and will be preparing a work plan for my cousin who will be doing the odd bits of painting and oiling for us. It should all be done in the next couple of weeks, but I have an option to postpone summer vacation for another week if things get too hectic.

3. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Wonderful - very best wishes for your move and making it your home!

4. andypants

Thank you, @Skycloud :laugh: we’re headed out to sign the contract now!

5. Skycloud

Skycloud Senior Member (Voting Rights)

6. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Wow! You are quite well-organized. Are you planning to fill those notebooks someday?

7. andypants

@Little Bluestem organizing is my way of trying to control events before they control me:) I’m stressed out because my failing mind can’t hold all the to-dos at once, so I keep planning and planning again to calm myself down! The frustration of not just doing it all myself, in one big swoop, is getting to me:wtf:

I used to have notebooks for sketching, ideas, and notes, but I’ve lost the capacity to be creative in the way I used to:( I still use them for notes (especially organizing! Lol) when I need an external hard drive to help my mind finish thoughts that are now too complex to hold long enough. I’ve thrown out a few, I’m always given more of them so no need to keep the ones I don’t like, or the ones that have some negative associations to stuff I can no longer do:)