1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio: The Trans-NIH ME/CFS Working Group August 2019 Advocacy Call

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, Sep 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

From a Solve email newsletter. I thought we had a thread on this topic but couldn't find it.

Since 2016, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) have hosted regular conference calls to improve transparency and stakeholder input. During these calls, NIH shares updates on research and provide an opportunity for community members and advocates to share their thoughts on NIH’s efforts. You can access a schedule for these calls at: http://go.solvecfs.org/e/192652/mec...h=2fp-kowIP_FFrGE1iHmRDoNWmUMJ64BGD-GmLHdIUOA

In case you missed the Group’s Advocacy call in August, video and a transcript of the call are now available. Dr. Vicky Whittemore (Program Director at NINDS) introduced speakers Dr. Andrew Breeden, Dr. Avi Nath, Dr. Joe Breen, and Dr. Beth Unger on the call, and took questions from community members.

2. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks, @Andy!

I also thought I had seen a link to this NIH call (audio only) & transcript so I searched. Someone posted a link on the CDC stakeholder engagement webinar thread.

I like the idea of having its own thread so folks can find it.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Andy likes this.