1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Very interesting article on reducing life expectancy in the UK

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Arnie Pye, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Article continues here :

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11983125

2. Andy

Andy Committee Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-torridge-amber-valley-barnsley-a8164171.html

MEMarge, ladycatlover, Allele and 9 others like this.
  3. Arnie Pye

I wonder what the effect will be of the propagation of MUS "treatment" around the NHS? I'm sure it will affect life expectancy for many people.

Edit : Spelling

4. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think it's bound to. I havent met that many people with ME but of the people I have met:

One died of cancer that was diagnosed very late - quite possibly because she already had a diagnosis of ME. At least her carer felt it was a factor.

One was referred by her GP to a surgeon who spent the whole of the physical exam belittling her because she had ME. She was told she needed non urgent surgery and the waiting list was 6 months plus. She told her GP who sent her to someone else, but didn't tell the second surgeon about the ME. He told her it was urgent and he wanted surgery carried out ASAP, preferably within the month. She asked him what would happen if she waited 6 months and her told her she would probabbly die.

I assume with MUS it can on!y be worse.

We already know that the mentally ill are less likely to receive the treatment they require.

5. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Britain is bent on commiting civilizational suicide. “Slowly at first, then all at once.”

6. large donner

large donner Guest

I think that strategy is called population control.

7. Arnie Pye

Yes, I think there is a lot of that in current government practice and thinking, but they just keep their fingers crossed that the plebs won't notice and won't start a revolution. I think they are safe enough, at least in the UK, sadly.

8. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

An blog at Ecclesia about this suggested a link to the UK's benefit cuts:

http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/25030

9. Arnie Pye

Yes, my original link mentions austerity and benefit/welfare cuts at some length, and makes it clear the authors believe they are very relevant to UK life expectancy, and very likely a cause of the reduction.

10. Allele

Allele Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Eugenics as a social philosophy is real. There is simply an expansion of the means of accomplishing it.