1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 22nd April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

USA: Dr Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Discussion in 'USA clinics and doctors' started by Sly Saint, Aug 5, 2023.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp6j22OAOfo

I have not heard of this doctor before.
    Only listened to the first few minutes.......he takes a while to 'get going'.

I'll leave it to others to assess what he is saying.

(Thoughout he says ME/CSF.)

DokaGirl and RedFox like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

A quick web search yielded this:
    https://quackwatch.org/cases/board/med/campbell/amended_complaint_2009/

“Toxic Mold” Guru (Andrew Campbell. M.D.) Surrenders Medical License

Stephen Barrett, M.D.
    January 24, 2012

Andrew W. Campbell, M.D., as medical director of the Medical Center for Immune &Toxic Disorders in Spring, Texas, was prone to conclude that patients who consulted him were suffering from allergic disorders related to “toxic mold” exposure. In 2001, at a hearing held by the Texas Department of Insurance, he testified that his center was seeing 50 such patients per week. Additional information about his practices and fees were revealed in two reports by a Vaccine Court special master who denied petitions former patients who sought compensation for an alleged vaccine injury. One report indicated that Campbell had charged $12,123 for the first visit and about $47,000 more for about 16 more visits plus intravenous treatments between 1999 and 2002. The other report did not state the cost of visits in 1997 and 1998 but described fees totaling more than $30,000 between 1999 and 2002. In 2011, after more than ten years of involvement with the Texas Medical Board, Campbell surrender his medical license.
    [...]
    In August 2011, Campbell was charged with inappropriate treatment of eight more patients whom he had treated for chronic pain. In November 2011, the pending complaints were resolved by voluntary surrender of his medical license. The surrender order permits him to apply for reinstatement once a year. If he does, however, I doubt that he will succeed.

shak8, alktipping, Sly Saint and 7 others like this.
  3. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Umm that is some bio…..