1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Updates on Karina Hansen

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Couldn't find an appropriate existing thread to post this in, if I've missed one though then let me know.

Update on Karina from Valerie Eliot Smith
    https://valerieeliotsmith.com/2018/06/25/karina-hansen-8-the-aftermath-continues/

2. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Here is an update on the update.

Yesterday a psychiatrist visited Karina at home, appointed by the court to make an independent assessment for Karina and concluded that Karina does not suffer from any psychiatric illness.

Valerie Eliot Smith: Karina Hansen 8 (updated): the aftermath continues

3. Inara

Inara Senior Member (Voting Rights)

In Germany this is against the constitution, a very new verdict from the "High Court":
    https://www.bundesverfassungsgerich...idungen/DE/2018/03/rk20180316_2bvr025318.html

Following this verdict it is against the constitution to be assessed in one's house or flat, even if that was directed by a judge.

How is it in Denmark?

This story always makes me so angry. :mad:

Psychiatrists change their diagnoses as others their shirt. Karina Hansen never had a "psychiatric disease".

I really wish the family will find peace after all.

DokaGirl, mariovitali, Wonko and 11 others like this.
  4. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well, it is nice that they admit the she does not have a psychiatric illness and is capable of managing her finances. Now when will the get rid of that horrid "guardian".

5. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

Their next move will be to say: Well maybe she didn't have a psych illness, but after the appalling way she has been treated (by unnamed 3rd parties who couldn't possibly be psychs or their precious theories,) she must have at least one serious trauma-induced psych illness (PTSD, anxiety, depression, phobia, etc, take your arbitrary pick), and that is what is now clearly preventing her from recovering.

Heads they win, tails we lose. Being a psychiatrist means never having to admit you are wrong.

Nice work if you can get it. :grumpy:

6. Andy

Andy Committee Member

7. Eagles

Eagles Senior Member (Voting Rights)

ME Action: Karina Hansen is free from state guardianship

https://www.meaction.net/2018/10/10/karina-hansen-is-free-from-state-guardianship/

At long last, Karina Hansen is now free from state guardianship! A local court in Denmark released Karina from state guardianship after an independent psychiatrist determined that she does not suffer with any psychiatric illness, understands the role of her state guardian and would like him removed from her case, and that she is capable of managing her own finances, according to reporting by the British barrister, Valerie Eliot Smith, who has followed Karina’s case over the past five years...

8. Valerie Eliot Smith

Valerie Eliot Smith Established Member (Voting Rights)

My response to Aarhus University Hospital's statement regarding the demonstration in New York City on 20 October in protest at Per Fink's attendance as a guest speaker at Columbia University's Psychosomatic conference. The statement refers to an unnamed patient in Denmark, at the same time revealing sufficient information for her to be easily identifiable.....
    https://valerieeliotsmith.com/2018/...-new-york-city-and-a-patient-at-the-hospital/

9. MSEsperanza

MSEsperanza Senior Member (Voting Rights)

10. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I didn't know he was French(?)(as per article)
    Unfortunate turn of phrase here

MEMarge, Sarah94, andypants and 7 others like this.
  11. MSEsperanza

MSEsperanza Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think he isn't, it's just how Google translates Fredericia

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019