1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

United Kingdom: Lancashire Recovery College: ME/CFS

Discussion in 'UK clinics and doctors' started by Sly Saint, Jun 2, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

ME/CFS Drop in session June 8th

not a recommendation as I don't know anything about it apart from its an NHS service.

Date and time

Wed, 8 June 2022

13:00 – 15:00 BST

Lowthorpe Road

Preston

PR1 6SB

https://www.lscft.nhs.uk/lancashire-recovery-college

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2022
    Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  2. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My first suspicion was that this uses extracts from a longer hopefully clearer piece selected by someone who did not quite understand what they were reading.

From their website:

“Our courses are co-designed, alongside people with lived experience and professionals by experience, to help you find accessible and fun health and wellbeing opportunities important to you.”

The headings include Covid 19 Resources, Dealing with Addiction, Support with Bereavement and Loss, The Phoenix Art and Health Project and HARRI Health Advice Recovery Resilience Information.

Note, “HARRI is our health and wellbeing engagement vehicle, with it we are able to travel across Lancashire and South Cumbria to talk with the local communities and individuals. … … … Onboard there will be a mixed group from within the NHS and beyond, which will enable us to offer you a wide range of information on many of the issues you may be facing, such as job advice, quit smoking, diabetic DESMOND, Steady On, Myplace, Lancashire Victim support and much more.“

I assume this is distinct from the IAPT services in the same area [see
    Talking therapy services (also known as Improving Access to Psychological Therapies - IAPT)
    https://www.healthierlsc.co.uk/MentalHealthSupport-1/Talking-therapy-services ]. My recollection is that this area is influenced by the potentially dangerous belief that MUS is a positive psychiatric diagnosis that can be treated by talk and lifestyle changes, so though it sounds potentially helpful for people with ME/CFS who feel they have support needs, so much will depend on appropriate diagnosis and the attitudes/understanding of the people involved.

3. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sep 29

ME/CFS peer support session
    by Lancashire Recovery College
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mecfs-peer-support-session-tickets-414576749217

RedFox, Trish and Peter Trewhitt like this.