1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Understanding the Behavioral and Medical Impact of Long COVID, 2023, Jason & Lapp

Discussion in 'Long Covid research' started by Tom Kindlon, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sean, oldtimer, SNT Gatchaman and 6 others like this.
  2. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks @Tom Kindlon

I read the content pages, looks to cover many areas and includes many MDs from different specialties. This makes me so hopeful.
    I don’t know what this book specifically recommends at this stage of research. I am nervous some claims to knowledge may be made at bit early. Nonetheless biological scientific investigation presents potential to be helpful in a way the framework we are used to does not. I am grateful that scientists and MDs taking the floor. Or placing their foot in the door, before BPS bunch slam it shut.

I look forward to hearing all about this work from people who read it or excepts as and when available.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  3. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Merged thread

An Empirical Guide to Assessment and Treatment of Post-Acute Sequelae of SARS CoV-2 Infection
    Edited By
    Leonard A. Jason
    Charles Lapp

Available for pre-order on March 23, 2023. Item will ship after April 13, 2023
    ISBN 9781032442242
    April 13, 2023 Forthcoming by Routledge
    298 Pages 17 B/W Illustrations

https://www.routledge.com/Understan...-An-Empirical/Jason-Lapp/p/book/9781032442242

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2023
  4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Given how little is known at present those are big claims. The trouble with books is they take quite a while to produce, and by the time they are published they are already out of date.
    It will be interesting to see how they handle it.

Sean, Peter Trewhitt, RedFox and 3 others like this.
  5. Wyva

Wyva Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Our first long covid clinic was set up at the University of Debrecen. And the doctor responsible for infectiology/rheumatology there published a book in 2021, titled "What is Worth Knowing About the Covid Infection and the Post-Covid Conditions". In 2021!)

6. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

7. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Peter Trewhitt likes this.