1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

UK - Resources for help getting food during quarantine and other supermarket related problems

Discussion in 'Epidemics (including Covid-19, not Long Covid)' started by Sly Saint, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last week it's 'chickens may have to be culled as people aren't buying enough eggs'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-55585989

This week ASDA are restricting people to one pack of eggs per order.

Which is it?

Too many eggs, save a chickens life, buy some eggs now, or;

Not enough eggs, so we can't let you buy more than one pack an order?

2. Sarah

Sarah Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Merged thread

Tesco is down for a second day due to hack attempt

I've just seen this on the news and posting here in case it affects anyone who wasn't yet aware. At the moment Tesco are saying there is no reason to believe that this issue impacts customer data.

If you need to cancel or edit a shop, you won't be able to via the site or app until the site comes back up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59027423

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2022
  3. Arnie Pye

Arnie Pye Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I hadn't heard about this. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  4. Dx Revision Watch

Dx Revision Watch Senior Member (Voting Rights)

You can request to cancel an already booked delivery or C & C via @Tesco on Twitter but you may have to wait a while for a response asking you to Twitter DM your details.

Some customers who have ordered 3 or fewer items as a holding order for a delivery prior to finalising their order are having their deliveries cancelled by email.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  5. Dx Revision Watch

6. Wonko

I have been aware for at least one day, probably longer, as I normally balance items between a tescos order and an asda one (both sites having things specific to them that I like, it's just a matter of who I get common things from, who has the 'best' offers at the time), and I have been unable to do so for over 3 eternities, due to tescos being unusable.

It must be costing them a fortune in lost profits - and I hope the delivery drivers/pickers aren't self employed.

Hopefully they will be back online by the time I actually need to place an order (next next week) or asda will get my months orders (and I will miss out on decent sausages and beef)

7. Wonko

Tescos is back up, both in app and online.

They have somehow, whilst offline, sold out of 4 tescos only items that I routinely buy.

hellytheelephant, Sarah and Arnie Pye like this.
  8. Dx Revision Watch

Yes, the site is back up again this morning. We've done a Click & Collect for the whole week's shopping for three adults every week since the start of the first lock down, although this last three weeks a neighbour is collecting for us as my husband is currently not driving due to a health issue.

We usually finalise our weekly orders the day before they are due for collection and it's annoying that if an item is out of stock in the store where our order is compiled at the time of finalising the order, there is no system for saying: If x is re-available in store at the time of picking please pick.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  9. Tia

Tia Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Ocado seems to be down today...

Wonko and Sarah like this.
  10. Keela Too

Keela Too Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Tesco’s may be back online, but ALL my favourites have disappeared!!!! :(

It’s going to be a pain having to go and find each individual thing again. Meh.

Sarah, Barry and Wonko like this.
  11. Dx Revision Watch

We were able to finalise an order this morning for collection tomorrow and our Favourites were available this morning using Chrome (which Tesco has told me in the past that their site is optimised for). I've just checked using Opera, which is the browser I prefer to use for everything else and also MS Edge and no Favourites are currently listing for either of these. But at the moment, no Favourites are listing for Chrome, either, although they were this morning.

MEMarge, Keela Too and Sarah like this.
  12. Sarah

There are some reports on Twitter but Ocado don't seem to have any answers yet. Their Twitter team clock off at 8pm.

13. Keela Too

Feeling a bit smug now…. My previous orders were still linked to my account. SO, I went and added the last four orders to my basket (okay far too much stuff, but reckoned that would cover most of what I regularly order including the less frequent things). Then I just went in and deleted out some items and reduced the quantities of the others. And YAY it ended up pretty much exactly what my normal weekly spend would be, so I reckon it can’t be too far wrong.

Clever eh! :p

14. Keela Too

I use Chrome. Didn’t think to try another browser, but managed to compile a shop from previous orders. Hope that trick will be useful for others.

Dx Revision Watch likes this.
  15. Dx Revision Watch

16. Dx Revision Watch

17. Dx Revision Watch

Just a warning: if you usually book a Tesco delivery slot or a C & C on Tuesdays, today is the day that Christmas slots are being released to customers with Delivery Saver Plans and C & C plans.

Slots were released at 6am this morning and emails should already have been received by people with the Saver Plans.

We book week by week and have been in a queue to access the website. Took three quarters of an hour, but eventually we were able to get onto the booking page to book a slot for December 6. Slots that are still available for the rest of the weeks in the run up to Christmas week will be released to non Delivery Saver Plan customers at some later point this month.

I can't remember on what date they released the remaining slots to us last year, but when they did, we were able to book 3 or 4 weeks in advance which took us through to the week after Christmas week, although we had to accept different days for some weeks from our usual collection day.

Edited to add: on Tesco on Twitter, a Tesco admin has just said that more slots will be released next Tuesday from 6am (but he did not clarify whether these will be offered only to Delivery and C & C Saver Plan customers or will be available to all customers).

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    Wonko likes this.
  18. Sarah

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    hellytheelephant, Wonko and Barry like this.