UK: Pulse 365 - offers courses for medical professionals offering CPD credits

Discussion in 'Training courses' started by rvallee, Jan 24, 2023.

1. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Moved post

I came across this the other day and didn't really look much, but this appears to be about a similar module about POTS. The first key point is wrong, it's dysautonomia that is the spectrum of disorders. Always inspiring to start with an error, shows the kind of attention to details that has failed us miserably.

I guess we still can't have source material that isn't free of basic obvious mistakes, clearly too much to ask. At least some of the details are correct, but even the framing is weird, shows the material really isn't understood.

Key questions: Postural tachycardia syndrome
    https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/clinic.../key-questions-postural-tachycardia-syndrome/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2023
    Hutan, alktipping and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

https://pulse365.uk

Pulse has a range of internet facilities designed to inform (primarily UK) health professionals. pulse 365 offers courses and webinars that come with CPD credits.

As well as as the Key questions: postural tachycardia syndrome, there are some other courses of particular interest to us:

Managing long-term Covid in general practice - you have to have a premium membership to view that one

Long Covid - Presenter: Dr Waqaar Shah - Free access. I ended up having a lot to say about this, so will make a separate thread - here:
    Pulse: Long Covid training course - Dr Shah

Key questions on fibromyalgia - also premium

Diagnosis and Management of Paediatric ME - presented by Dr Nigel Speight - premium

There are others that could be interesting to look at, including ones on managing challenging patients, chronic pain, "seven ways to reduce demand for home visits", "five steps to dealing with patient hostility"

There is some more general discussion of the Pulse organisation here:
    Pulse Today ("the leading publication for GPs in the UK"): "Long Covid: Explaining the unexplainable?"

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    Trish likes this.