1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

UK: Petition to make recording PIP assessments mandatory

Discussion in 'Work, Finances and Disability Insurance' started by Wits_End, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Wits_End

Wits_End Senior Member (Voting Rights)

2. hellytheelephant

hellytheelephant Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I believe you are currently allowed to record but only on specifically agreed equipment.

3. Annamaria

Annamaria Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The assessor should provide the equipment to audio record the assessment and give one copy to the claimant at the end. It's not sensible or cost-effective to put the burden on a sick/disabled person.

Could in the long run save a great deal of expense on mandatory reconsiderations and appeals to tribunal, as it would soon become clear that decisions are not being based on accurate reporting of what the claimant can or cannot do.

4. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well yes - that's the positive side but you have to balance that against the negative side, that they (the DWP and associates) don;t get to torture us, as much.

swings and roundabouts, some they win, some we lose.

5. Wits_End

Wits_End Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Two separate tape recorders, microphones and unopened cassette tapes (what they?!), apparently. It sounds as though Argos may be doing quite a good trade in them, from what I can gather from the B&W website! (I'm sure there must be a good secondhand market for the recorders once people have finished with them!)

6. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

the companies involved would say that it would be a considerable cost burden . an outright lie considering it is all done on computers anyway .