1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

UK: New health and disability green paper - comments requested

Discussion in 'Work, Finances and Disability Insurance' started by Wits_End, Aug 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Wits_End

Wits_End Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I found this in my weekly letter from Scope, and thought I needed to share it with others in the UK. Closing date is 11th October 2021.

"The health and disability green paper explores how the welfare system can better meet the needs of disabled people and people with health conditions now and in the future" says the DWP.

Tell the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) what you think about benefits

Have you heard about the new health and disability green paper?

The DWP want to know what you think about the welfare system, so make sure you take this opportunity to share your views with them.

Attend consultation events
    Attend events to tell the DWP what you think about the design of the benefits system and assessments. Find out more details about events taking place in Leicester, Newcastle, Shrewsbury, Norwich and Wrexham.

Feedback on assessment process

We’d like to know your experience of the benefits assessment process and whether you believe it meets your needs and is fit for purpose.

alktipping and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  2. Simbindi

Simbindi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I emailed them (the DWP) for an accessible Word version of the online survey but am yet to hear back. I couldn't find an accessible version on their website or a link to request the online survey in another format. Says a lot about the DWP's approach to disability!

alktipping, Wits_End, Wonko and 2 others like this.
  3. Sean

Sean Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I'm sure they do.

Excuse me if I suspect that this is a PR exercise so they can say we did consult with these stakeholders.

4. Simbindi

Simbindi Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yep. It's easy to see how they cherry picked and twisted the original responses from their scoping engagement exercise with claimants which they subsequently used to produce the green paper.

alktipping, Wonko, Sean and 2 others like this.