1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

UK - Motability Car, a warning if you need to order, may be sooner than you think.

Discussion in 'Home adaptations, mobility and personal care' started by ladycatlover, Feb 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My Motabilty lease was extended by 2 years (low mileage) until 29 November 2022. We were wondering whether to go for an electric car, so OH had a bit of a poke around their website, but it seems there isn't a lot of choice there yet, plus I'm worried about charging when out and about in Wales... Could be OK, as caravan site owner is keen to put in charging points for each caravan, but we don't know when yet.

So basically we thought we'd go for the same (or same as possible ;)) Volkswagon Touran that I have now. I went to check out their website myself to have a look at what was available.

I found that recently they've set up a system where you can open an account with them, that has all of your details in. I signed up for it. And when I went to my account and signed in I found that they were recommending I order new car now.

OH phoned our local VW dealership on Friday afternoon, and had a chat with the Motability salesperson. It seems cars can be very slow arriving after orders. Prob a mix of Brexit and Covid? Tourans are the ones that take longest too. So we're off to the showroom on Tuesday to try decide what to do - I'll check out seat comfort again, and want to see the colours in real life rather than just a screenshot online.

A further warning, I don't know about other cars, but the Touran I'm looking at now has an immensely bigger upfront payment than the nearest similar one did just over 4 years ago. Back then it was a bit over £1200. Now it's over £4000. :jawdrop: Thought it best to warn you to prevent heart attacks when you look at upfront payments! :eek:

Trish, Starlight, DokaGirl and 4 others like this.