1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 22nd April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

UK: John McDonnell: ‘A moral, fair Budget would prioritise funding for M.E. research’

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

"It ought not to be controversial to suggest that the health and wellbeing of all citizens should be at the forefront of the Chancellor’s mind as he prepares his Spring budget.

That’s why I’m calling on him to consider the state of services for those with M.E., also known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and the funding for research into its causes and treatment.

M.E. affects at least 250,000 people in the UK. But underreporting means the true figure may be well over a million.

These people need care, compassion, and the condition needs proper funding. They also need allies. That is why I am delighted to become an official parliamentary champion for the charity, Action for M.E."

https://www.politics.co.uk/mp-comme...et-would-prioritise-funding-for-m-e-research/

DokaGirl, bobbler, Sean and 22 others like this.
  2. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Great news!
    This man can speak.

DokaGirl, bobbler, Lou B Lou and 6 others like this.
  3. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

My old friend knows him quite well, and says that as well as being a good communicator, he's pretty expert at being a thorn in the side of people who like easy compromises.

As his party has a chance of forming the next government, his appointment as a champion for ME might be a smart move.

4. Ash

Ash Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Yep although how behind him that particular Labour government might be….

DokaGirl, Lou B Lou, Sean and 6 others like this.
  5. Kitty

Kitty Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:laugh:

DokaGirl, Ash, Sean and 3 others like this.