UK: Examples of failings of the NHS and NICE

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Suffolkres, May 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Suffolkres

Suffolkres Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Moderator note: This post has been moved from this thread

Why Sir Andrew Dillon MUST be challenged as must NICE in their new ME Guidelines ..........

Contaminated Blood/worst treatment disaster in the history of the NHS yet a public inquiry has taken 30 years to take place.
    Lack of continued testing for ME patients

Failure to take down recommendations for GET / CBT ( mamagement 'treatments' in existing CG53- leading to patient distress and harms

Failure to incorporate co morbidity

Failure to oversee delivery by CCGs for severally affected

Failure to ensure good evidence based training to GPs and GP competence over ME patient management etc

Wholesale misdiagnosis or missed diagnosis

Child protection ( FII) and Deprivation of Liberty adult cases causing patient harm and death
    • NHS and Department of Health regarding the NHS Blood Transfusion Service. https://inews.co.uk/news/what-is-the-contaminated-blood-scandal/
      What is the contaminated blood scandal? NHS inquiry explained
      It has been called the worst treatment disaster in the history of the NHS yet a public inquiry has taken 30 years to take place.
    • NICE consultation on new guideline for suspected neurological conditions | 11 September 2017
    • NICE CG 53 and 2017 reversal of decision NOT to review
      Breaking News: NICE decides to Fully Update its guideline on ME/CFS! | 20 September 2017
    It's about a wholesale cover up of patient harm and culture of denial of harm; it affected a local man, A BT engineer who lived across the fields to me at Rushmere.
    He was "diagnosed" by local neurology consultant at Ipswich Hospital to probably have ME.
    Mark followed all best practice as an ME patient for some time before experiencing a catastrophic and sudden deterioration leading to his death.
    It turns out he had New Variate CJD.

The authorities knew from years back the risk he experienced (from his medical records), as he had had blood transfusions some years back.
    It was contaminated.
    That was concealed from him and his family.

His was a classic misdiagnosis by a consultant who did not do all the necessary tests and checks.
    He was not looked after by our local ME consultant at all.
    Not sure if he was ever referred that route.

Lessons to be learnt by NICE (and others) who discourage testing beyond the obvious for presentations of symptoms aligned with ME?........?
    His name was Mark Buckland.
    Description:‘Double double, toil and trouble, round about the cauldron go. In the crushed brains and spinal cord throw, thalamus, spleen, and tonsils also, then cool it with tainted Blood, Well done, for we shall gain a greater Profit to share with the farmers, and our meat trade.' A factual and harrowing account of Mark Buckland's, a young man's, progressive decline by variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (vCJD), the human form of BSE; namely ‘Mad Cow's disease'. This book documents the shocking failures by a conservative Government when it came to food safety standards, a cannibalistic feed that defied nature and led to a misfolded protein causing an infectious brain disease, and failures by the NHS and Department of Health regarding the NHS Blood Transfusion Service. This is also a tale of a father's grief, family and friends who pull together in a tragic time to support a special, loving and caring man, who has his life spat out by the ‘Witches within Westminster'.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2019