1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trial By Error: A Conversation with Patient Advocate Adam “Beyonce Holes” Lowe

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Adam Lowe, known in some incarnations as Beyonce Holes, is a longtime ME/CFS patient and advocate in Manchester, England, served as a lay member of the committee that produced the new clinical guidance published last October by the UK’s National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. (This conversation was a follow-up to one I previously posted about his experiences on the committee.)

We also discussed other recent developments. The first was the release in May of a report called Rethinking ME by the All-Party Parliamentary Group on ME. The same month, then-health minister Sajid Javid launched an effort to promote research into the illness, boost awareness, and improve services for patients.

https://www.virology.ws/2022/07/25/...ith-patient-advocate-adam-beyonce-holes-lowe/

2. Braganca

Braganca Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Great to hear from Adam and to get his perspective as an advocate.

3. MSEsperanza

MSEsperanza Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Adam (ABrokenBattery) on Twitter:

"Summary of conversation between @adambeyoncelowe and @DavidTuller1 about the new NICE guideline and the new government initiative organised by former Health Secretary Sajid Javid and carried out by the Department of Health and Social Care."

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  4. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

5. adambeyoncelowe

adambeyoncelowe Senior Member (Voting Rights)