1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toxseek: Screening and Research-Fibromyalgia Study

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by ME/CFS Skeptic, Nov 10, 2021.

1. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Our Belgian ME/CFS organization got an email about a research group called toxSeek that wants to do a study on metal poisoning in fibromyalgia and CFS patients. They refer to this website: https://toxseek-research.com/fm/en/index.html

Bit skeptical about this: does anyone happen to know more?

2. voner

voner Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I know nothing about the group, but when I clicked thru to my country page, they wanted a fee of around 100 euros for the test. They are giving a slight discount off of their "regular" price.

Wyva, DokaGirl, shak8 and 1 other person like this.
  3. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I skimmed the info, so I may have missed stuff.

I had a hair analysis a few decades ago. It didn't show up the usual culprits: lead, mercury etc. But then again perhaps techniques and expertise have evolved.

IMO everyone has some heavy metals in their body. These metals have been used for centuries, so we are all bound to have some.
    By saying this, I'm not downplaying the significant effect these metals can have on health.

Also IMO, there is some validity to heavy metals causing symptoms.

Chelation, not mentioned in this article is of course an alternative treatment method, but might be interesting to investigate regarding removal of heavy metals. I understand this method may also remove good metals such as iron. PwME may find chelation drugs difficult to tolerate. Of course, caution is always a good approach for pwME.