1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

TONIGHT! Screening of Dr Montoya interview in N.Ireland by NVTV

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Keela Too, Sep 27, 2018.

1. JoanNI

JoanNI Established Member (Voting Rights)

The ‘angel’ feeling was mutual! Just spending time with Dr. Montoya has filled me with renewed hope as it was like meeting an old friend and somebody who truly cares. He constantly warned me to stop crashing but that was impossible as I didn’t want to miss every every opportunity to talk to him during his flying visit to N.I. He NEVER stops working and I noticed he takes ‘power naps’ even during car travel! His visit was an experience I will certainly never forget.
    Thanks to Christine Fenton (ME Advocates Ireland) who sent me these quotes from the interview. 894C47C6-C406-4CEF-986F-D7F17A967DCD.jpeg

2. JoanNI

JoanNI Established Member (Voting Rights)

B6F5324C-D6F8-4330-90D1-EDCB1315AFA6.jpeg Dr. Weir certainly excelled himself also, all feedback forms are marking both presentations as excellent.
    As you can see, my inevitable payback time is being spent making ‘therapeutic’ posters from my bed to help deal with the frustration!

3. Barry

Barry Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Just sent an email to my MP Matt Hancock based on this, though not very hopeful. I've not been getting auto-acknowledgements to them for a while, and when I emailed his secretary she said they were not getting through. Yet a researcher of his replied to a subsequent email. Said in this email if no auto-acknowledge then will resend by snail-mail, and if that not acknowledged will seek to understand further.

4. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Great interview; the only thing that was a bit confusing was right at the end when he mentioned about cervical stenosis, and the possibility of corrective surgery.

I would have thought that this would be a diagnosis to be excluded as part of an ME diagnosis, or is there some evidence that it is some way related?

(I had a look at a video which shows what they do in the procedure and I certainly wouldn't want to chance it unless it was 100% curative).

5. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The CDC doesn't list cervical stenosis under "Other Conditions for Evaluation". I doubt many doctors look for it.

https://www.cdc.gov/me-cfs/healthcare-providers/diagnosis/other-conditions.html

Skycloud likes this.
  6. Webdog

Webdog Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The Montoya video is having some impact on Kaiser Permanente doctors who have seen it.

Barry, NelliePledge, Skycloud and 7 others like this.
  7. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Ooh that’s good @Webdog

andypants, Barry, Trish and 1 other person like this.
  8. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Does anyone have a transcript of this video? I have trouble watching video and absorbing the information.

If there were subtitles then I could read while watching and that would help. But I have not found a version with captions.

By the way, I wish there were captions for all videos (preferably human created captions, not auto-generated, but I realize some folks are not able to do that).

I'm not sure what the overlap is between ME patients and the Deaf / hard of hearing community. But even if it is only a small overlap we still want Deaf people to be able to learn about ME. Just my two cents!