1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomorrow:Long COVID Joint Research Forum Dec. 9 and 10

Discussion in 'Long Covid news' started by Milo, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There is a world web based conference tomorrow and Thursday, discussing Long Covid. I would have loved to attend but it will be 3 AM where I am and therefore will prioritize my sleep.

What I am most curious about is them modelling the Long-Covid management with
    Chikungunya. No mention whatsoever of ME. It may be good to pass this info to the key stakeholders who may be interested in speaking up or at least watch the proceedings (and report back to us)

Announcement
    Long-COVID Joint Research Forum
    Virtual event – December 9-10 , 2020 (11:00am-14:00pm GMT)

Dear research colleagues,

Beginning tomorrow December 9, 2020, the Global Research Collaboration for Infectious Disease Preparedness (GloPID-R-ISARIC) is co-sponsoring a virtual meeting on Long-COVID.

Currently very little is known about the clinical, biological, psychological and socio-environmental impact of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). While most people may have uncomplicated recoveries, some experience prolonged or new symptoms and complications.

This 2-day virtual event will discuss 7 topics and will be introduced by Peter Horby, Executive Director of ISARIC and Charu Kaushic, Chair of GloPID-R and Margaret O’Hara, founder of the Long COVID support Group.

Topics to be discussed will include:
    • Global Patients’ Voice
    • Overarching summary of the knowledge/science of Long COVID
    • What do we know about Long COVID from country experiences?
    • Reflecting on Chikungunya
    • On-going Long COVID studies
    • On-going Long COVID studies & mental health
    • Panel discussion & research gaps

The event will conclude with a panel discussion and exchange on the next steps.

More information: https://www.glopid-r.org/our-work/novel-coronavirus-covid-19/long-covid-joint-research-forum/

Register here: https://cconline.eventsair.com/isaric-long-covid-19-forum/register/Site/Register

2. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Doesn't look good so far, completely naive of context. Everything is brand new, never happened before. Nothing useful seems to have been learned so far, all interest seems to have shifted to organ damage, pinning all hopes to it.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1336631621936668673

4. Medfeb

Medfeb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

MEMarge and Milo like this.
  5. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

6. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Michelle likes this.
  7. Milo

Milo Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Michelle, ladycatlover, AR68 and 2 others like this.
  8. AR68

AR68 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think there's a lot of PWMEs that don't like confrontation - and that's one of the reasons as to why I'm extremely suspicious about SW's claims of threats against himself.