1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Irish News: Hope for ME: Co Down woman's campaign for the thousands living with chronic fatigue syndrome

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Eagles, May 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Eagles

Eagles Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hope for ME: Co Down woman's campaign for the thousands living with chronic fatigue syndrome

http://www.irishnews.com/lifestyle/...iving-with-debilitating-condition-me-1318377/

Co Down mother Joan McParland found herself bed bound due to the debilitating, energy sapping condition ME, but she is now helping others with the illness to campaign for an improvement in services here. Jenny Lee reports

"TEN years is a long time to be staring out the window counting leaves on the trees."

This was the reality for Newry woman Joan McParland whose life as she knew came to a halt in 1999 when she woke up one morning unable to work or get out of her bed. Joan went from being a “superfit” 42-year-old mum who enjoyed exercising and caravanning with her husband and 11-year-old son Stephen, to having to be carried from her bed to go the toilet ...