The gut microbiome from patients with schizophrenia modulates the glutamate-glutamine-GABA cycle in mice (2019) Peng Zheng et al

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Robert 1973, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Robert 1973

Robert 1973 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The gut microbiome from patients with schizophrenia modulates the glutamate-glutamine-GABA cycle and schizophrenia-relevant behaviors in mice (2019), Peng Zheng et al
    http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/5/2/eaau8317

Abstract:
    Do we know if anyone has tried transferring faecal samples from ME patients to mice yet?

2. ME/CFS Skeptic

ME/CFS Skeptic Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Interesting: so by transplanting fecal matter from schizophrenia patients to mice, the mice showed changes in behavior and neurotransmitters in the brain?

3. duncan

duncan Senior Member (Voting Rights)

When I was 5, I spit into my big sister's cup once and she definitely showed changes in behavior - she kicked the crap out of me and ratted me out to my Dad. Is that similar?

It does seem to touch on all the salient points: human gut microbiome, abnormal behavior, rodents and poop.

Hoopoe, DokaGirl, andypants and 2 others like this.
  4. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

duncan likes this.
  5. DokaGirl

DokaGirl Senior Member (Voting Rights)

If medicine discovers schizophrenia has an organic cause, then finds appropriate treatment, that would be wonderful. But think about all those who have gone before and suffered. Suffered with their illness, and suffered at the hands of psychiatry. Another community that has paid very dearly.