1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

The chronic fatigue syndrome: source of controversy (2020) Raijmakers and van deer Mer

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Grigor, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Grigor

Grigor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

"The chronic fatigue syndrome: source of controversy."

van der Meer et al.

"prognostic factors (recovery is limited when symptom are attributed to a somatic cause and in psychiatric comorbidity)."

No mention of his own studies promoting CBT/GET. He prefers pointing fingers at others instead of taking a good hard scary look in the mirror.

Eng:
    https://t.co/4Wg1HbN8d9

It's Google translated.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That was just plain bad and a waste of electrons. There are flat Earth blog posts out there with more meaningful contribution than this. This is basically just noise.

I'll never understand the phenomenon of mediocre people who know nothing about a topic yet feel the urge to speak endlessly about it. The name feels familiar but it is not matched to any useful contribution. I frankly feel that my life is less wasted than being healthy and producing crap like this.

With pride. This is the thing that gets me. These people are proud of producing absolute crap, so much that they boast about it. It takes so many things to go wrong for a profession to produce this kind of self-serving mindless drivel.

sebaaa, Mithriel, Mij and 6 others like this.
  3. Grigor

Grigor Senior Member (Voting Rights)

4. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Invisible Woman and Kitty like this.