1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Anne Örtegren Memorial Lecture

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by Awol, Feb 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Awol

Awol Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The speaker for this new event in memory of Anne Örtegren at the 13th International Invest in ME Research Conference in London on 1st June 2018, is Professor Theoharis C. Theoharides, Professor of Pharmacology and Internal Medicine at the Director of Molecular Immunopharmacology and Drug Discovery, Department of Immunology at Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston in USA. He will also be participating in the 8th International Biomedical Research into ME Colloquium over the two days prior.

Professor Theoharides first showed that mast cells, known for causing allergic reactions, are critical for inflammation, especially in the brain, and are involved in a number of inflammatory conditions that worsen by stress such as allergies, asthma, chronic fatigue syndrome, eczema, fibromyalgia, migraines, mastocytosis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, and most recently autism spectrum disorder. More here: http://www.investinme.eu/IIMEC13-news-180202.shtml

Anne had once written to the charity that she would love to see a mast cell researcher present at the colloquium and perhaps presenting at the conference and they have fulfilled their last promise to Anne to try to make this happen.

AOML.JPG

2. guest001

guest001 Guest

Thank you. Given she is the *only* person I have seen thus far to describe my own hideous interplay between allergy and neuropathic pain, I will watch this with greater interest than usual.

MEMarge, AliceLily, Hutan and 6 others like this.
  3. Awol

Awol Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm so sorry you are suffering in this way.

4. guest001

guest001 Guest

Thanks Jo. It's awful that Anne had to go through this and in writing what she has done, also given legitimacy to my own presentation.