1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Targeting sirtuin activity with nicotinamide riboside reduces neuroinflammation in a GWI mouse model, 2020, Joshi et al

Discussion in ''Conditions related to ME/CFS' news and research' started by Dolphin, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

NeuroToxicology
    Available online 25 April 2020

2. cassava7

cassava7 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is from the team at Roskamp Institute that has a NIH R21 exploratory grant for investigating the "Application of lipidomics to identify biomarkers of immune and mitochondrial disturbances in chronic fatigue syndrome". Nancy Klimas is a co-principal investigator on the grant. https://projectreporter.nih.gov/project_info_description.cfm?aid=9841376&icde=31258613

From the Wikipedia article on nicotinamide riboside:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    Dom, spinoza577, Cinders66 and 5 others like this.
  3. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I took Nadh many years ago when there was a lot of hype, no benefits, I read elsewhere this week about b3 benefitting something else potentially m.e related, I forget now.
    Is anyone supplementing along these lines getting any benefit ? For me i would like to try things that can reduce neuro inflammation/ microglial activity.

Dom likes this.