1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Systematic review and statistical analysis of the integrity of 33 randomized controlled trials (2016)

Discussion in 'Research methodology news and research' started by Subtropical Island, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Subtropical Island

Subtropical Island Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is an article on the people who did the work to uncover the fraud (article by their own university). The actual study is published in Neurology 2016

There is a new article about the subject in the August 2018 issue of Science (link at the bottom of this article).

https://www.fmhs.auckland.ac.nz/en/...paign=atauckland_september&utm_term=news,fmhs

It strikes me that there is little in it for those who track down this sort of fabricated data except a desire to get rid of extraneous data in our understanding of medicine. I’m pleased to see that there are still researchers who get as ticked off by this as we are (if not more so: five years tracking down data on fraud is not a light undertaking).

If we keep letting statements be made, and shoddy or (as in this case) made up research to be published, we will never learn more about human health.
    Forget breakthroughs and proof, give me real observations based on real data. It’s not sexy but life is more than the highlights.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018