1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Symptom-based stratification of patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome [...] (2019) Tarn et al. The Lancet

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Cinders66, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

MEMarge, Ravn, rvallee and 4 others like this.
  2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

A nice example of the value of patient registries. If you have well-characterised patients with wide-ranging baseline data, then any trials done using those patients provide information that can be used as it has been here.

They've been able to look to see what patient characteristics predicted response to two different treatments.

MEMarge, Lisa108, Ravn and 8 others like this.
  3. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Scanning this made me realise just how depressing (in the colloquial sense) it is to view a steady diet of the pure theoretical bullshit that is the BPS 'research'. It's refreshing beyond words to view research that actually seeks to truly solve a health issue.

This is clearly actual science.

This part in particular caught my eye:

And when I looked at the coloured graph of the four types I noticed that it seemed there was a sub-type within the forth group (far right side of the pain dominant with fatigue group) as that's where I would fit.

In the discussion further down this was noted also.

MEMarge, Simbindi, Ravn and 5 others like this.