1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Swedish radio P1-morgon - Interview with author Alvtegen and dr. Lindquist (Stora Sköndal)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, Feb 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Another great and informative section about ME from Swedish media.

This time an interview with the famous crime fiction author Karin Alvtegen who is ill with ME. She talks about how the disease has turned her life up side down and describes her meetings with doctors as a Kafka-process. She says the lack of knowledge is disastrous, and to face mistrust from doctors and constantly having to explain and defend herself has been destructive. She says what is happening is a big scandal which HAS to end.

From Stora Sköndal (a foundation with a ward for ME-patients outside Stockholm - very knowledgable and updated regarding ME) came dr. Anna Lindquist. She said it is very sad that there are still some doctors who don't believe in ME, when the proofs are so many. The most serious consequence is that the patients won't receive correct advice and that can make them worse. To exercise, push one self, is an advice that can come both from doctors, but also from patients themselves. This is wrong and can lead to a deterioration. Every time they get such a deterioration, they can lose more of their basic function, she warns.

Language: Swedish
    Duration: 11 min

P1-morgon: Karin Alvtegens trötthet går aldrig över

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Hutan, TiredSam, mango and 14 others like this.
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm really pleased to hear that. I'm so used to discussions of the UK media that I assumed that opening line was sarcasm. (Things have improved even in the UK over the last year though).

Kalliope and Helen like this.