1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sweden: Seminars for doctors about ME and chronic fatigue Sept 12th and Oct 2nd

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Kalliope, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Kalliope

Kalliope Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The journal of the Swedish medical association will be hosting two seminars about chronic fatigue and ME

Uttmattningssyndrom och ME/CFS - Umeå 12. sept

Uttmattningssyndrom och ME/CFS - Malmö 2. okt

Description of the seminar:

Over 700 visitors in Stockholm and Göteborg
    After the well attended seminars in Stockholm and Göteborg last year we are pleased to offer a repetition. We will provide information about two difficult illnesses which are causing a lot of suffering and with a long-lasting, sometimes chronic, course. It's important for everyone who work in health care to have knowledge about these conditions. The seminar will make you up to date on causes, diagnostics, treatments and rehabilitation.

The programs for the seminars are almost identical. Starting with some lectures on chronic fatigue and continuing with these two lectures about ME and clinic by senior doctor Per Julin from the ME/CFS clinic Stora Sköndal and ME and research by prof. Jonas Bergquist from Uppsala University.

andypants, MSEsperanza, Joh and 16 others like this.
  2. Annamaria

Annamaria Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Oh dear!

3. mango

mango Senior Member (Voting Rights)

It's actually a good thing in this context :) They are educating people about the differences between chronic fatigue as in the psych diagnosis burnout (stress related exhaustion/fatigue/depression), and ME as defined in the Canadian consensus criteria.

In Sweden burnout and ME are viewed as separate diagnoses with separate clinical guidelines, separate diagnostic codes etc.

4. Annamaria

Annamaria Senior Member (Voting Rights)

That's a relief!

ahimsa, MSEsperanza, Kalliope and 2 others like this.