1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for presenters at potential MERC (was CMRC) Conference 2022

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by InitialConditions, Apr 23, 2022.

1. InitialConditions

InitialConditions Senior Member (Voting Rights)

There are plans for an ME Research Collaborative (previously CMRC) conference later this year (September, if possible). We are currently putting together a draft agenda in the hope of approaching potential funders. The dates are not yet fully fixed. The conference will be hybrid (in-person and virtual), or virtual if an in-person conference is not viable.

This will be a research/scientific conference open to academics and researchers, clinicians, and patients/carers. The overall aim is the sharing of current knowledge from an international field, promoting collaboration, and providing a catalyst for future research in post-viral conditions (M.E and also LC), including embedding patient and public involvement (PPI).

We are currently collating names of potential speakers/presenters. Please use this thread to suggest presenters who could be contacted.

To make my life easier, please provide:

1. The name of the potential speaker (or give the name of a research lab, company, etc.);
    2. The contact details if you know them (preferably an email address);
    3. A few words on their research field / area of expertise;
    4. Their location (particularly if it's not obvious).
    A reminder that the main MERC thread is here: https://www.s4me.info/threads/united-kingdom-me-research-collaborative-merc-was-cmrc-news.2809/

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    bobbler, Simon M, MSEsperanza and 6 others like this.
  2. InitialConditions

Please note that if this conference goes ahead, there may well be a significant number of presentations on long covid (specifically, I hope, on the LC cohort with ME/CFS or an ME/CFS-like illness). This is a reflections of the times, and a strategic decision to engage these researchers with the M.E field. It may also widen the appeal of the conference to researchers, attendees, potential funders, clinicians, and the public.

3. InitialConditions

Update: The conference planning has been put on hold due to the recent UK government ME/CFS Delivery Plan and, in particular, formation of the UKCRC Subgroup on ME. I don't think there will be a MERC conference in 2022. I hope there's a possibility of a conference next year as part of the government plans.

So, thread on hold for now.

4. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the update, @InitialConditions. It does make sense not trying to do too many things at once.