1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 18th March 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Stat News: Tuller & Lubet: The medical community is changing its mind on chronic fatigue syndrome. Why aren’t insurers?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, Jul 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Inara

Inara Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Out of interest, do you have a link at hand?

Trish likes this.
  2. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I thought that the reference was in the Little Red Book
    www.imet.ie/imet_documents/BYRON_HYDE_little_red_book.pdf
    in which he refers to the meeting in the section starting at p10. I see that this does not include the comments about Beard. I shall have to look further for the source of those.

3. Alvin

Alvin Senior Member (Voting Rights)

The first thing i thought when i saw the thread title is insurance companies aim to maximize profit by denying benefits, in our case its easier because the view was our disease was fake but they try to do this for every disease, they hire people to follow around likely everyone who makes a claim from workplace injuries to genetic diseases. There are sporadic stories all over of people being thrown off benefits for flimsy reasons with no recourse :(
    In the end a better solution is a non biased third party that hears appeals without the cost of the legal system and makes binding rulings instead of insurance companies being judge, jury and executioners. Still not perfect especially in our case where the establishment view was coordinated fraudulence but better then foxes guarding hen houses.
    But even then its a patient who is ill vs a Goliath company with razor toothed lawyers, still an unequal playing field, just slightly less unequal... :emoji_face_palm:

Inara and adambeyoncelowe like this.