1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 22nd April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Stage 2 kidney disease

Discussion in 'General and other signs and symptoms' started by belbyr, May 12, 2023.

1. belbyr

belbyr Established Member (Voting Rights)

I just had an appointment with my nephrologist because back in 2018 an ER doctor saw some slightly increased protein in my urine.

Local nephrologist (that just retired) was seeing me 1-2x per year and I was classified as stage 1 CKD and she was really not worried by it at all.

She retired and I go in for initial evaluation by the new Dr and come to find out I have just entered stage 2 at the age of 34. I don't have any family history of kidney disease. I'm not diabetic, and I think my BP is in control although at times it can run a hair high due to POTS.

I'm at a loss as to why my kidney's are going down hill. The only other thing is I have had about 3 kidney stones in the last 5-6 years. All of them have been around 1mm in size.

Could the kidney stones damage the kidneys? Or does kidney disease cause the stones first? My dad has had kidney stones, but I don't think he has elevated protein in his urine at all.

This is depressing on top of CFS/POTS.