1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shropshire Star Reader's Letter: More cash and understanding needed to help ME sufferers

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS news' started by Andy, May 19, 2018.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news...nd-understanding-needed-to-help-me-sufferers/

MEMarge, Sly Saint, Barry and 8 others like this.
  2. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm glad they're focusing on the research money in the media
    Watching the royal wedding today I was struck by how the brits like to put on an impressive display to the world - splendid architecture, costly couture, the crowds, celebrating love, youth and beauty - the presenter said no one does a grand wedding quite like us

Then I thought of people like me in dark rooms, who can't even tolerate our hair being washed or bedding changed, who don't participate in any of our yearly festivals or family occasions, some even dying in this state and are being told that in our almost squalor £2.33 per person is all we are worth or deserving of. I see the MRC move from funding millions in CFS bps research then a bit more into FND research and that's it, with rubbish excuses. I wonder why for a decades there's not been uk protests at our research funding levels and I see millions Missing in uk still to really drive in on thIs with mass support and a loud voice. I hope very soon that we can and we can get the substantial funding input we do actually deserve so I don't feel left abandoned and mystified at supposedly living in a great, wealthy, high achieving country on the world stage that at home is content letting our young(ish) lives just rot away in rubbish circumstances.