1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

SF-36 predicts 13-year CHD incidence in a middle-aged Swedish general population, 2019, Nilsson et al

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Andy, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Andy

Andy Committee Member

Thought this might be of interest to see SF-36 used elsewhere.
    Open access, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11136-019-02362-y

Trish and Hutan like this.
  2. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Seems rather non-specific to me.

rvallee likes this.
  3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Uh, wat? How does that even follow? It's really a tell of how truly fragile the BPS model is that even after decades its proponents still find it necessary to randomly sprinkle "BPS is definitely good and useful and not pseudoscience because reasons" even though it's unrelated to the topic. Bit like politicians during campaigns taking questions and randomly repeating campaign slogans unrelated to any of the questions.

I'm just randomly reminded of that time Sharpe tweeted that their BPS model of ME is totally a legit thing and not an ideology. Which of course it 100% is.

It also reminds me of the Bitconnect scam and its super weird presentation where the lead scammer is in off-the-rails obvious con man mode and basically screams that Bitconnect is totally not a scam. Surprise surprise, it was a complete scam, even though he was super insistent it was not a scam and totally legit. Weird how that works.

TiredSam, alktipping and Wonko like this.
  4. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Surely low SF-36 scores strongly suggest that someone is already quite limited by poor health?

Possibly those in such situations may, already, have cardiac/circulatory issues, at least in part caused by their ill health and the limitations that imposes.

So, low Sf-36 as a predictive tool? Maybe better to, I don't know, say that poor health is bad for people's health - simpler, without the sciency words, more accurate, and without someone being paid to administer a meaningless 'test' that simply says what is already known.