Open San Diego, USA Long Covid/ME wearables trial open

Discussion in 'Recruitment into current ME/CFS research studies' started by shak8, Apr 27, 2024.

1. shak8

shak8 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sean, Hutan and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

https://longcovid.scripps.edu/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/Long-COVID-Wearable-Study-flyer-202402.pdf

We aim to see whether wearable devices improve Long COVID symptom management. Recent studies have shown that activity management can be an effective method of managing and treating symptoms of Long COVID. To continue to gain knowledge of this poorly understood condition, we are planning The Long COVID Wearable Study. This one-year study will gather survey and wearable data in a bid to better manage symptoms and empower study participants to manage their health.

Study inclusion criteria:
    Is at least 18 years old
    Resides in the United States
    Has a self/and or physician diagnosis of: Long COVID (based on the WHO working definition), ME/CFS (myalgic encephalomyelitis / chronic fatigue syndrome, self-diagnosis based on IOM criteria), and/or POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome).
    Is interested in tools to manage ME/CFS, POTS, and/or Long COVID symptoms.
    Owns a wearable device they are willing to use for this study or does not own a device and agrees to utilize a study-provided one.
    Agrees to wear the device throughout the study period, share the data with the study, and sync data at least weekly.
    Has access to a smartphone or tablet to enable syncing wearable data and viewing device feedback.
    Agrees to disclose involvement in other ME/CFS, POTS, and/or Long COVID interventions such as medical treatment, self-management, and other interventional studies.
    Agrees to complete at least 75% of the study surveys.

If you qualify for the Long COVID Wearables Study, you could:
    Help researchers understand how different people experience Long COVID. This could help researchers find therapies that work for everyone with Long COVID. Receive a Garmin wearable device at no cost to track your heart rate, activity, and energy levels. Receive information designed by Long COVID patients and researchers to help you manage your symptoms. Learn how your lifestyle, actions, and environment could affect your symptoms - and potentially discover ways to manage them.

Sean, SNT Gatchaman, Hutan and 4 others like this.
  3. kmccor

kmccor New Member

Peter Trewhitt, shak8 and Trish like this.