1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Royal Society of Medicine and Fibromyalgia Action UK Webinar: Fibromyalgia in the 21st century: Redefining care

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and Connective Tissue Disorders' started by Tom Kindlon, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

ME Association

Royal Society of Medicine and Fibromyalgia Action UK - FMAUK Webinar: Fibromyalgia in the 21st century: Redefining care

On the 10th October 2022, The Royal Society of Medicine held a webinar in association with Fibromyalgia Action UK titled “Fibromyalgia in the 21st century: Redefining care”.

The webinar consisted of patients talking about their lived experience of fibromyalgia (FM) and clinicians who provided updates on scientific knowledge and best clinical guidelines.

https://meassociation.org.uk/2022/1...omyalgia-in-the-21st-century-redefining-care/

Peter Trewhitt and Milo like this.
  2. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Lots of recommendations of exercise in this. Looks like a diagnosis of fibromyalgia could still cause people who have ME/CFS problems.

I didn't find the responses to the following MEA question convincing:
    "Many people with Fibromyalgia also have ME/CFS which may/may not have been diagnosed at the point of delivery. Graded Exercise Therapy is no longer recommended in the NICE Guideline on ME/CFS. Is there a need to look for Post-Exertional Malaise (also seen in Long Covid) before recommending exercise (GET) to people with Fibromyalgia?"