1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Research opportunity for people with ME living in Gloucestershire | 16 January 2020

Discussion in 'Recruitment into current ME/CFS research studies' started by John Mac, Jan 16, 2020.

1. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member (Voting Rights)

From ME Association website

https://www.meassociation.org.uk/20...me-living-in-gloucestershire-16-january-2020/

2. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is important research. Hopefully it is competent and thorough. It's beyond obvious that most physicians' perception of the lived reality of ME is about as far from reality as it can get, a deeply shameful dereliction of duty.

ahimsa, It's M.E. Linda and Kitty like this.
  3. It's M.E. Linda

It's M.E. Linda Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Further information about the study:

“Study Title:

Stigma and marginalization in the healthcare encounter and perceived impact on illness burden: The lived experiences of people with myalgic encephalomyelitis / chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS).

What is the study about?

The study aims to explore the experiences of people with ME/CFS regarding stigma and marginalization in healthcare encounters, in both primary and secondary care. The study will also explore how such healthcare encounters impact on overall illness burden (physical and emotional health, overall well-being) from the perspective of people with ME/CFS. Finally, the study will explore what factors might contribute to more positive healthcare encounters, again from the perspective of people with ME/CFS.”

From personal knowledge, I am aware that Jo Hunt has been getting volunteers.

Trish likes this.
  4. InfiniteRubix

InfiniteRubix Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Extended beyond Gloucestershire

rvallee likes this.