1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Q&A with Prof Chris Ponting May 2018

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research news' started by MeSci, May 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Allele

Allele Senior Member (Voting Rights)

What do you propose then, other than just an awareness film and just a coordinated campaign and movement exerting pressure and scrutiny making it harder for the establishment to continue failing us?

I have never ever seen such a continued flow of accurate reporting across such a widespread array of mainstream outlets, nor such interest from pols, and this is just the beginning.

If you have an action plan (I'm not being sarcastic!) absolutely ride the wave and get it underway.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Im

I'm not proposing an alternative and I think you have totally misread my meaning. What I mean is that way of framing it, as if it could only happen now etc as an opening up or opportunity instead of caving into pressure for a tragically failed population .
    Jens film and the movement is not like a technological advance , it's not like real change couldn't have been initiated years before (I remember my gp execting a new wave of research following publication of 2002cmo report) or there wasn't opportunity before. As Jen herself said it's not that people didn't have a voice, people were screaming they just WEernt listened to and could get away with it. Im objecting to the language which makes it sound like now is the right time or the MRC couldn't have done anything before, or the way it's written as if mows a good time to start getting serious on the biomedical research side. It is an opportunity only because patients and their lives, deaths , words were completely ignored before in a way they can't continue due to pressure and emerging science, there was opportunity before but the window was shut.
    I'm bedridden and have no alternative action plan or want one generally of ability to do much. I'm critical of some uk stuff because I've watched bs in slowmo for years, I think what Jen breas achieved with unrest and the #MM is awesome and Dread to think of our situation without it.. I've been waiting for action from MRC years, if there's now action great but it's being squeezed out of them.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  3. Allele

Allele Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for clarifying, @Cinders66. I don't have an action plan either :confused::slugish:!