1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Psychological impact of fibromyalgia: current perspectives (2019) Galvez-Sánchez,Duschek,Reyes del Paso

Discussion in ''Conditions related to ME/CFS' news and research' started by Sly Saint, Feb 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://www.dovepress.com/psycholog...rrent-perspectives-peer-reviewed-article-PRBM

Ugh.

2. shak8

shak8 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Well, I don't fit that profile.
    A lot of studies are done at tertiary levels (hospital-based programs which attracts the most complicated "emotional" cases).

rvallee likes this.
  3. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

may

may

may

may

It may be ghosts. It may be cosmic rays. It may be, it may not be. It may be humours. It may be phlogistons. It may be Bigfoot.

It may be a lot of things, but the point of science is not to list things it may be but rather try to make that determination. It may be that the author is actually a sentient potato. Who knows?

pteropus, Sean, andypants and 5 others like this.
  4. pteropus

pteropus Senior Member (Voting Rights)

dammit, i read the title, hoped it would be sensible analysis of :

does the constant barrage of negative accusations re psychological causation, further exacerbate the disease severity, and trigger psychiatric distress, by stigmatising the patients and preventing access to biomedical care & treatment and other social supports.

(also - phlogistons for the win !!!)