1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Psychogenic fever: how psychological stress affects body temperature in the clinical population (Oka 2015)

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic research - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Woolie, May 21, 2018.

1. FreeSarah

FreeSarah Senior Member (Voting Rights)

OK, this is quite exciting. I've never Tweeted at someone before. Let me know if it arrived, or whatever Tweets do. Thanks, Jaime

2. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member (Voting Rights)

3. FreeSarah

FreeSarah Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Awesome, I'm famous! I'll have to start a YouTube channel :)

Thanks again, Jaime.

4. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Too good not to share. ;)

5. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'd like to see the weather forecast, and room temperatures, and comparisons with other students. Also, why no large rise in temperature when not at school? A schoolgirl has no stress whatsoever away from school? Unlikely. Wouldn't it be likely that she would discuss the bullying outside of school hours? Not talk about it with her friend? She wouldn't think about it and what happened earlier in the day? Why does the temperature peak at or on midday, but only at school?

6. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Good question.

From my own schooldays - my school was a beautiful, old building. Lessons lasted about 45 minutes and you often changed classrooms between lessons. Some teachers finished bang on time but occasionally might run over slightly.

One year we had one lesson on the ground floor, but the next lesson was on the fourth floor, directly under the roof at the other end of the building. As it was an old building there was no direct route, a couple of different staircases and narrow corridors and about 5 minutes to grab your stuff and get there.

The classrooms on the top floor caught the morning sun and coming up to lunch in summer term were boiling if nobody opened the windows in the earlier lessons, or if they had been empty.

So, you grabbed your schoolbag weighing in at over 2.5 stone, legged it across a long, awkwardly laid out building and up four floors to sit in an airless, hot room. Oh, and the uniform was made of mainly man made fibres.

Who wouldn't get too hot?