1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll on how supplements affect you - can see results

Discussion in 'Other treatments' started by Sandra, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Sandra

Sandra Established Member

Hi
    This site is nothing to do with me but I just stumbled across this poll
    http://www.storiesoutloud.co.uk/supplements/pollresultsall.py?sort=good_votes#id_pollresults
    and found it very interesting. I don't know if everyone already knows about it but it's for people with ME to give feedback about how supplements affect them and you can see what everyone else has said.
    Obviously the more people who take part, the more useful it will be. Taking part is as quick or as long as you want it to be as you can choose which supplements you give feedback on. I found that you need to include a comment though or it won't let you submit.
    If you sort by good votes magnesium and CoQ10 come out as the top 2 which is reassuring.

2. Peter Trewhitt

Peter Trewhitt Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Brain not working enough to attempt to participate in the survey today, but, when I thought how I would rate would rate supplements I have taken in the past, in retrospect it is hard to distinguish those that I have taken the results of which I could support with specific anecdotes relating to change/no change, from those that I have taken in the sincere belief that they are helpful but don't know if I actually have any reliable observational evidence that they effected any change or not.

Will return to this when my brain lets me.

andypants, Dolphin and Wonko like this.
  3. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Magnesium makes a difference, if it' s missed then its noticeable. Milk thistle and ubiquinol also seem to do something.

andypants likes this.
  4. NelliePledge

NelliePledge Moderator Staff Member

Yes magnesium is definitely noticeable if I forget to reorder and have to go a few days without. I’m very sceptical that some people have actually answered that a supplement “cured” them though and that it was even an option on the survey.

andypants and Little Bluestem like this.
  5. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

Given that it's a survey available for any random person who comes across it can fill in, whether they have ME or not, I don't really see the point of this. And I certainly wouldn't take it seriously or attempt to draw any conclusions from it.

6. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Magnesium supplements make me pretty much comatose after about a week's daily use. :(

andypants and Trish like this.