1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

PIP Tribunal

Discussion in 'Work, Finances and Disability Insurance' started by Wonko, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Liv aka Mrs Sowester

Liv aka Mrs Sowester Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:hug: Wonko, I wish I could sort it out for you. This system is so cruel.

2. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

So sorry to hear that @Wonko. What a nightmare for you.
    :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

3. arewenearlythereyet

arewenearlythereyet Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm only just catching up,on this thread after being similarly incapacitated for a couple of months. I'm sorry you're going through this @Wonko is there any way you can get a postponement on medical grounds?

4. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Not really, just occasionally frustrating, when I have the resources for that, mainly it's just now.

It was always unlikely I would attend the tribunal so that's not a major factor, it was always the case that if I lose then the SDP would have to be repaid, I was just expecting that to be after the decision, as even if I win now this will massively complicate things, with getting SDP reinstated, with back payments, probably at the same time as they are trying to reclaim it (as overpayment reclamation is probably a different department and of course they will act on reclaiming it regardless) etc.

The main thing that is currently frustrating me is my vision, which is getting pretty bad, and I can't get anything done about it until I have recovered a bit, so I can both move outside and deal with the people/tests, and I can guarantee the weather at least a week ahead.

5. Wonko

It was never likely I would attend, that isn't the current issue ;)

6. Revel

Revel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Sorry to hear that you are struggling, @Wonko. :(

If I could parcel up some "oomph" I would gladly post it on to you - just can't remember where I last saw it, elusive little b*gger. :hug:

7. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

:hug:

They do love to kick a person when they're down.....

8. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Wishing you best Wonko.

The SDP thing will have been when they logged on to your claim and finally noticed the flag. (Assuming that the database was actually working) It's one of the few times they will have actually looked at your claim at all.

I know it's especially hard to deal with this along with your other problems.

MEMarge, ladycatlover, Inara and 8 others like this.
  9. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

MEMarge, ladycatlover, Inara and 5 others like this.
  10. Wonko

Thank you @Binkie4 it looks like I qualify on several grounds, now just got to get functional enough to deal with them, but the outside temperature is no longer a factor :)

I did manage to get out yesterday, caught a bus to the nearest post box, and immediately caught another bus back, it's not pleasant being out there, everything's so far from everything else, but it had less of an impact on me than cooking a baked potato the previous day, which is a teeny bit bizarre (although I did preload with co-codamol a few hours before going out and had to take some oramorph (on top of my normal night time painkillers) around 3am as my body was a little "grouchy" and wouldn't let me sleep).

Recent experience, over the last few weeks, would suggest I should probably increase my painkillers, so as to increase functionality, and also to decrease the amount of time I spend in pain unable to remember that painkillers exist, and they are in the foil next to me, but what would be the fun in that ;)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  11. Wonko

oh well - I just got a special delivery letter from the tribunal service, saying that they had received a request that my tribunal be on another day, so it's been postponed, with no date given.

12. Revel

Revel Senior Member (Voting Rights)

They seem to thrive on keeping us in the dark, no explanation ever required, apparently . . . o_O

13. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Wonko , where are you based - roughly. i have vague recollections that you are up in Scotland, but that could be someone completely different.

Is there anything that the ME community could help with?, including money/practical help.

14. Wonko

I'm in east anglia.

TBH I'm not sure how to respond to your kind offer, I don't think anything, I suspect I've just got to ride the wave and see what happens, with everything. Realistically I suspect the only thing that could help is an instant and complete overhaul of government policy ;)

15. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

WE're working on it.....!

16. Wonko

I lost, absolutely no change to the points awarded by ATOS initially, my submission, that of a friend, medical records, consultants letters etc. had absolutely no effect against the report of a paramedic.

Inara, Allele, fossil and 11 others like this.
  17. Trish

Trish Moderator Staff Member

@Wonko, I'm so sorry. That is completely unfair and awful.

Is there anything further you can do? Like contacting one of the organisations that help people with benefit claims? Or your MP?

Or make a fresh claim on the grounds that your condition has deteriorated since the last claim.

I guess at the moment that is all too difficult. It is devastating having such injustice thrown in your face when you are at your most vulnerable.

I wish there was something we could do to help.

Allele, Binkie4, Chris and 7 others like this.
  18. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

@Wonko, so very very sorry to hear that you didn't get justice at your Tribunal. :cry: Sending heartening hugs from Liverpool. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Allele, Binkie4, Chris and 6 others like this.
  19. Wonko

Thank you @Trish but no.

I don't have the capability any more, I can't think.

It was expected, given the way the whole thing has gone, but no variation in points suggests that my evidence counted for nothing, again as expected.

I can no longer even attempt to jump through their rigged hoops

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  20. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I'm only Liking your sad posts to let you know I've seen them. Of course I very much dislike :eek: what you're telling us. :cry: