Phenotypic characteristics of peripheral immune cells of ME/CFS via transmission electron microscopy: A pilot study, Jahanbani et al, 2022

Discussion in 'ME/CFS research' started by cassava7, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Jaybee00

Jaybee00 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

What else can one say but wow….

SNT Gatchaman and Peter Trewhitt like this.
  2. Hutan

Hutan Moderator Staff Member

Maybe, "it's dreadfully sad that this person is sick, hopefully he will recover ok soon, but ... well, it's a great opportunity to look at his cells post-LC onset."? I presume that they will do that.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    FMMM1, sebaaa, RedFox and 6 others like this.
  3. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

In reference to the Iwasaki/Putrino/Pretorius et al colab:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1589832905769259011

(CD62P is P-selectin.) See thumbnail image in tweet, also frames G and I in the bottom row from the paper's figure 4. (G is a mag of the arrowhead in F)

Platelet aggregates.jpg

ETA: in 4I the core around which the platelet rosette has formed is thought to be dead platelets and other cellular debris.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    sebaaa, Hoopoe, Hutan and 4 others like this.
  4. SNT Gatchaman

SNT Gatchaman Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    FMMM1, Hutan, Kitty and 2 others like this.
  5. FMMM1

FMMM1 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Peter Trewhitt likes this.
  6. FMMM1

FMMM1 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Decided I'd email this to Karl Morten & Dr Jiabao Xu - "Hi Karl, Fereshteh Jahanbani posted a link to this paper* on Facebook; there is a reference to Raman**. Seemed to be a positive response to Jiabao's NIH talk - so hopefully NIH will fund further work on Raman. Regards --

"Hence, precisely monitoring the dynamic changes of LDs is of particular importance in biomedical research and for early diagnosis of the associated diseases, which includes not only the localization of LDs but also quantitative information such as number and size of LDs in cells and other physiochemical properties such as viscosity, pH, and polarity of LDs. One of the recent advances in LD imaging is the chemical bond-based stimulated Raman scattering (SRS) imaging.[19-21] SRS microscopy allows for the highly specific detection of vibrations of lipid molecules and does not perturb the samples without the requirement of pre-labeling. However, SRS microscopy has limit accessibility for some laboratories due to the complexity and high cost of the equipment. In addition, there are some interferences from other components in the complex biological system, making it challenging to isolate the signal of interest. --