1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pharmacogenetics

Discussion in 'Other health news and research' started by Amw66, Aug 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Since my daughter experienced side effects from drugs that " have no side effects" ( vit D) , and also glucocorticoids with doctors not really interested in digging deeper, i am interested in how genes and environment may affect responses.

We have not done 23and me ( mainly because i don't yet know enough to take much forward), but we did a limited DNA test to guide nutrition. This did confirm some hunches, and i am digging deeper into detoxification and methylation ( both with gene combinations, which if expressed would be significant)

For those struggling with histamine and P450 system issues , both Holland and Australia, have pharmacy guidelines gor those with genetic expression that alters the drug dosage guidelines.
    I am not endorsing self medicating, but there is info which could be very relevant and worth discussing with your doctor/ consultant.

www.pharmgkb.org/guidelines

https://cpicpgx.org/guidelines/

Edit - added second link

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Inara and Trish like this.
  2. Inara

Inara Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Thanks for those links, @Amw66! I had a WGS analysis and some detoxification genes analyzed, and there were some relevant mutations/deletions. So this may be helpful.

Amw66 likes this.
  3. Amw66

Amw66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Hopefully your doctor will be interested too ..

Inara likes this.