1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 8th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pervasive refusal syndrome: systematic review of case reports - Otasowie, Paraiso, Bates Apr 2020

Discussion in 'Psychosomatic news - ME/CFS and Long Covid' started by Sly Saint, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00787-020-01536-1

sci-hub.tw/10.1007/s00787-020-01536-1

Hutan, andypants, Joh and 5 others like this.
  2. Cinders66

Cinders66 Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Afaic if a person had prior diagnosis of M.E, and given this type severity rarely happens over night, they shouldn't be given this diagnosis without really good explanations of why it wasn’t explained by a very severe M.E. diagnosis. I don’t know how commonly it’s being misused in our area, I just heard of it in relation to Esther Crawley.

Hutan, Mithriel, alktipping and 3 others like this.
  3. chrisb

chrisb Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Can it really be true that "philosophers of science" are engaged in such a silly enterprise as "debating the specific identity of the condition"?

EITED for typos

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  4. MEMarge

MEMarge Senior Member (Voting Rights)

In the paediatric Primer on ME, they say that PRU occurs very rarely, for example in a youngster who has undergone many courses of cancer treatment and does not want to go through any more.

Sean, Lidia, alktipping and 1 other person like this.
  5. rvallee

rvallee Senior Member (Voting Rights)

This is clearly not a forest, it's just a bunch of trees!

There really is no comparison in any other profession to people who are this clueless and incapable of seeing what's slapping them in the face.

I shall dub this Rube Goldberg's blunt mace of bluntness syndrome, a pervasive refusal to acknowledge that Occam's razor is indeed sharper than the bluntest roundest object in the known universe.

JemPD, MEMarge, Lidia and 1 other person like this.
  6. alktipping

alktipping Senior Member (Voting Rights)

systemic revues and meta analysis has come to mean bullshit in bullshit out I do not trust any of these so called research papers for the simple reason that I do not believe that there is any due diligence . so many papers are taken on trust simply because a broken publishing industry publishes anything it can profit from.

ukxmrv, Sean, Invisible Woman and 2 others like this.
  7. TiredSam

TiredSam Committee Member

I thought Pervasive Refusal Syndrome had been redefined to mean not doing what Esther Crawley says?

Hutan, TigerLilea, Lidia and 14 others like this.