1. Sign our petition calling on Cochrane to withdraw their review of Exercise Therapy for CFS here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, the 'News in Brief' for the week beginning 15th April 2024 is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome! To read the Core Purpose and Values of our forum, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Perspective: Cell Danger Response Biology—The New Science that Connects Environmental Health with Mitochondria and the Rising Tide of Chronic Illness

Discussion in ''Conditions related to ME/CFS' news and research' started by Sly Saint, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Sly Saint

Sly Saint Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Perspective: Cell Danger Response Biology—The New Science that Connects Environmental Health with Mitochondria and the Rising Tide of Chronic Illness

Robert K Naviaux Dec 2019

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1567724919302922

2. Sing

Sing Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I appreciated Robert Naviaux for what an intuitive mind he has, so able to see patterns and interrelationships when others may not. The science will have to catch up, of course, before all the dots can be connected, and then the patterns discovered may turn out to be somewhat different than the ones he intuits. Still he is making a contribution, and showing a valuable direction for any of the rest of us « on the team » to look for.

That quote by Mandela also resonates with me, suggesting in another realm of life, the need for a complete process and full circle. The dualism out of which most contemporary science and medicine comes, may not be sufficient for our kind of systemic illness. The model of trying to heal by means of eliminating and bombing « the bad guys » (germs, parts) might never do the full trick. The suggestion I find here is that though we may not yet know what the body needs to heal, on some level IT does, if we could see what it is doing and what process it is trying to bring full circle and complete.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    Kitty, DokaGirl, rvallee and 7 others like this.
  3. ladycatlover

ladycatlover Senior Member (Voting Rights)

I think this paper puts very clearly the difficulties the whole human race (not just us sickies) is facing.

It backs up a lot of the stuff I skimmed on Chemical Sensitivities on work experience when I was trying to do an Applied Psychology degree. (skimmed because too much stuff to read in detail)

Oh, and reason to try that degree was to be able to argue against the carp stuff put out by the Weasel et al. Not all psychologists are evil! Never finished the degree - got about half way and had to give up as too sick.

Sing, Kitty, DokaGirl and 5 others like this.
  4. Estherbot

Estherbot Senior Member (Voting Rights)

Since he put out his initial papers on CDR has there been any evidence published to support his theory?

Sing, Kitty and Wonko like this.